Oh…it was so good. I might change out all our traditional christmas foods and make only this soup. Why not – it is so warming and yummy.
I have tried few different Thai soup recipes recently and this is the one I fell in love with after first meet-up (adapted from here: http://veganmaailm.com/2015/12/28/taiparane-kookosesupp/). And it is so easy to put together. And quick. Some of the ingredients (sesame seed oil, lemongrass and curry paste) I needed to buy extra but now I have them for many more soups to come.
So (for 3-4 portions) I needed
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 regular size onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- Small piece of ginger (1,5cm x 1,5cm) grated
- 1,5 Tbsp of red curry paste
- 1 Tbsp sesame seed oil
- 2 Tbsp of tamari or soy sauce
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1 stem of lemongrass or some dried lemongrass
- 2 cans of coconut milk
- 2 handfuls of mushrooms
- 100 g of rice noodles
- 1 cup of water
- 100 g of firm tofu (cubed)
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pot over medium heat
- Add onions, garlic and ginger and saute until soft but not black (2 minutes)
- Add red curry paste, lemongrass and sesame oil (give it few more minutes)
- Add tamari, mushrooms and noodles (and any other extra you prefer – like cubed tofu, carrots, broccoli) and toss around for half minute
- Add coconut milk and water and let it simmer for 10 minutes or until everything is cooked
- Add lime juice and some salt/pepper to your taste
- Adventurous ones may add chilly at this point as well
- DONE! Eat right away and listen good music.
Again no points from kids (would not dare offer it to them – curry and ginger!) but from me and husband it got 10 points easily.