- 2-3 Tbsp of olive oil
- 2,5 onions
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2-3 cm of ginger
- 750g of pumpkin cubes (I used muscat-pumpkin or nutmeg-pumpkin? How is it called in english?)
- 1 carrot (1 would have used 2-3 but kids ate all carrots while I was in the shop bringing potatoes)
- 3-4 potatoes
- 1l of vegetable broth (some kind of eco version of this comfy stuff)
- 200 ml of coconut milk
Saute onions, garlic and ginger in olive oil on medium heat (do not burn – nobody deserves burned garlic)
Add chopped vegetables and vegetable broth. Broth should barely cover vegetables.
Boil for 20 minutes or until everything is nice and mushy.
Add coconut milk.
Blend it all until smooth (I used hand blender)
Serve with different seeds (I had sesame, pumpkin and sunflower), chilly flakes and roasted bread
- Husband: 8-9 points (with chilly and all)
- Girls : 7 points (perfectly edible but bread got soaked and it was soggy)
- Baby son: 10 (why you are so slow feeding me, dad, and why so small spoon. Give it to me from a cup. I’ll drink it)
recipe adopted from Külli Holsting and Erle Jõgema “Armastades taimetoitu”