While I boiled the beans I was extremely suspicious. Water was so black – it looked like a witch boiler. It didn’t look good while mixing the dough…and even frying didn`t convince me. But after tasting – it seemed like a great idea after all. Little sweet burgers. And I got a whole bunch of them – so lunch the day after and the day after the day after was fixed….I don’t mind left overs (show me someone with two kids and full time job, who minds:P)…at all!
- 1 cup of black beans soaked for 12 hours and boiled for 1 hour.
- 1 big beetroot or two little ones grated
- 2 onions, 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cups of breadcrumbs
- 2 tbs of white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- chilly powder, curry powder, black pepper
1. Boiled beans processed with blender
2. Onions, garlic and beetroot sauted with vinegar for 5 minutes and added to beans.
3. oil, breadcrumbs, salt, chilly powder, curry powder, black pepper added.
Little balls formed and padded in breadcrumbs. Fried.
Not too shabby (especially when hidden between buns and covered with my latest favorites – sweet mustard and rucola.