Yes – I know I probably didn`t discover something new for veganworld in general but for some reason I haven`t made a real cake during my veganlife…it just didn`t see worth wile. You waste all bunch of good ingredients and end up with something …not tasty.
So i thought…
But like many times before – I found out I was wrong.
So carrotcake with nuts:
- 3 carrots grated
- 1 cup of sugar (I used brown unrefined sugar – but if you are not so snobish as I – use regular:P)
- 1/2 cups of raisins
- 50 g of darkest chocolate chopped
- 50 g of marzipan chopped
- 2 cups of flour (I used brown and unrefined … previous comment applies)
- 200 ml of oil
- 100 ml of water
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 Tbsp of apple vinegar
- 1/2 of cup almonds/cashew nuts/walnuts
1. All dry ingredients mixed together
2. add oil, water, vinegar
3. add carrots, nuts, raisins and sweet stuff (chocolate and marzipan)
4. Add some more water if it seems like a big lump
5. Bake it for one hour in 180 C deg.
Delicious on next day. Same day it`s a bit too sweet for my taste and a bit sticky. Next day – absolutelly great!
What else – new year has began great. Lot of time spent with children and loved ones. Including myself:P
And now – to write this post I had put children in to a closet:
See you! Enjoy the cake – I certainly did – four pieces in a row:P