Second time I made this great pasta dish. Looks (again) awful but tastes great.
For this 4 portion lasagne I took
- 9 plates of lasagne (three layers)
- 1 big eggplant
- 300 g champignons
- 2 onions, 2 cloves of garlic, 800 g of crushed tomatoes with thyme, salt and sugar for tomato sauce
- oat cream (last time made without it and missed something white and soft tasting)
- mediterranean herb mix
1. Mushrooms fried with some salt added.
2. Eggplant lengthwise sliced (I got ca 10 slices), padded with salt and oil and baked in oven until lihgt brown and soft
2. Onions, garlic chopped and lightly fried, tomatos added and boiled for 10 minutes. Some salt, sugar and thyme added.
Into lasagna form I added some tomato sauce in the bottom, then some eggplant slices and mushrooms. Covered it with first layer of lasagna plates
Then again tomato sauce, eggpland, mushrooms and second layer of plates.
Covered it with tomato sauce, eggplant, mushrooms and, oat cream. Then thrd layer of plates
…covered everything with one more layer of filling (tomatos, eggplant, mushrooms)…so that no naked lasagna plates can be seen.
Covered form with folio and kept it in extremely warm room for 45 minutes (170 deg).
…cant wait to discover plant based cheese. I would add this also. I also RELLY like to find affordable version:P