- 2 little onions and one big carrot chopped and sauted with some oil (coconut oil in this case) in a thick bottom soup pot
- 450g green peas (one package of frozen ones)
- 450g of broccoli (again frozen ones)
- boiling water (didn’t measure but everything should be covered)
Boil fo 20 minutes, add some salt and blend it. Ready it is. Quick, tasty, and affordabe for a change – fresh stuff tends to be rather pricy here in this time of year:/ Need to find some good, healthy and affordable recipes. Plan for next year!
Looked for a good vegan pancake recipe for a loooong time. And I have had couple a fails along the way. This one gave me great ones – rather thin and crisp. Just the way I like it:P
- 250 ml of soy milk
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of flour
- 3 Tbsp of sugar
- a bit salt
- 1 banana thinly sliced
- 2 tsp spoons of baking powder
- 1 tsp of vanilla sugar
Mix everything together and fry in coconut oil (it`s solid at room temp – so you have to cut little piece and melt it before every pancake). Or use regular oil. I just bought my first coconut oil package and probably I`m over excited…but it tasted great and should be the most healthiest thing to fry with). I got 8 pancakes all together.
Easy. Breezy. Beautiful.
Second time I made this great pasta dish. Looks (again) awful but tastes great.
For this 4 portion lasagne I took
- 9 plates of lasagne (three layers)
- 1 big eggplant
- 300 g champignons
- 2 onions, 2 cloves of garlic, 800 g of crushed tomatoes with thyme, salt and sugar for tomato sauce
- oat cream (last time made without it and missed something white and soft tasting)
- mediterranean herb mix
1. Mushrooms fried with some salt added.
2. Eggplant lengthwise sliced (I got ca 10 slices), padded with salt and oil and baked in oven until lihgt brown and soft
2. Onions, garlic chopped and lightly fried, tomatos added and boiled for 10 minutes. Some salt, sugar and thyme added.
Into lasagna form I added some tomato sauce in the bottom, then some eggplant slices and mushrooms. Covered it with first layer of lasagna plates
Then again tomato sauce, eggpland, mushrooms and second layer of plates.
Covered it with tomato sauce, eggplant, mushrooms and, oat cream. Then thrd layer of plates
…covered everything with one more layer of filling (tomatos, eggplant, mushrooms)…so that no naked lasagna plates can be seen.
Covered form with folio and kept it in extremely warm room for 45 minutes (170 deg).
…cant wait to discover plant based cheese. I would add this also. I also RELLY like to find affordable version:P
One big wholewheat tortilla
2 tbs of red pesto
handful of spinach or rucola
tomato, avocado and paprika chopped
Mung bean sprouts – lots of!
This was my favorite dish throughout this summer. I would even say that last summer tasted like red pesto inside of a wrap with mung bean sprouts….and sparkly wine with some fine music.
There are days you are too overwhelmed with life itself, you don’t have any time nor energy to spend on cooking. So – you take a look in your kitchen cabinet, consult with cookbook or two and prepare something simple….this is what happened:
and potatos – already boiling while taking this picture.
So – for 4 portions (or two – if you are lazy and already missed your lunch, like me yesterday)
- 6 big potatoes
- 1 can of kidney beans
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 onion
- pickles (1 big or lot of little ones)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 can of mashed tomatoes
- salt, black pepper, paprika powder, some greens.
Garlic, onion, bell pepper, pickles chopped and fried in pan…for few minutes. Tomatoes and water added – 5 minutes boiled. Boiled potatoes chopped and added along with beans. Some salt, sugar and pepper added. Ready after 5 minutes. Serve with parsley and green onions.
So fulfilling…that it makes me happy! Even happier!
Inspiration from Estonia first (!) vegan cookbook🙂
I promised to make chocolate muffins to a friend of mine. BUT I forgot to buy dark chocolate while in shop yesterday! … So had to figure out how to make chocolate vegan muffins without chocolate. Managed – they were a big hit and I only got 2 out of 12 muffins – have to be quicker next time:P
- 3 bananas mashed
- 120 ml of oil (or melted margarine)
- 200 ml of sugar (I used brown sugar)
- 500 ml of wheat flour (would have used whole grain but I`m out of it)
- ca 50 ml of water
- 2 Tbsp of cocoa (I had raw organic Carob powder this time but regular one will do)
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- little bit salt
Bananas, oil, water and sugar mixed in one bowl and flour, salt, baking powder and cocoa in another. Add raisins and bake for 20 minutes in 175 deg.
Smells and tastes like heaven.